Do big breasts give women confidence?

Posted on Monday, March 7, 2011 in Happiness, Kat, Men, Relationships, Self image, Women

Sean and I had gone to one of those chichi galas — a rarity for us, but it was for a good cause. We were surrounded by Beautiful People.

“Wow,” Sean said to me as one busty gal after another walked by, “I need to spend more time in the Land of Cleavage.”

“Well, don’t expect me to populate that land any time soon.”

“I love your breasts just the way they are,” he said as he slipped his arm around my waist and kissed me.

I know he means that. Although my boobs got pimped by the Breast Gods, they are at least, well, responsive. I also know he wouldn’t love me any more if I had big breasts nor would our relationship — or the sex — be any better. And I’m pretty happy with my body, all things considered (it just needs a bit of a workout right at this moment).

Still, I wouldn’t mind bigger breasts. Why not? They make a woman’s body more womanly. And womanly bodies are nice to look at and touch.

But fake boobs? Fuggedaboutit! As most of my longtime readers know, I’m not a fan of fake boobs. They look, feel and act, well, fake. I’m not that desperate; I’d rather work on my other assets to keep do a little sleight of hand — or eyes — to keep the attention off my boobs. Still, in a room full of cleavage, as I was the other night, a nice butt or toned arms just can’t hold a candle — even with my dazzling wit.

I really don’t think my life would change drastically for the better if I had bigger boobs, fake or real, maybe it does for other people. But maybe having a nice rack does that, just like BDS for men (that’s Big Dick Syndrome). Maybe it helps give women confidence, and if you have confidence and love your body, you are eminently more attractive than a woman who doesn’t.

Maybe it isn’t the big boobs that make woman attractive; maybe its because they feel great about themselves.

Just a thought.

• Can having a nice rack make your life better?
  • And, to be fair to the guys, can a big dick? (can’t wait to read the comments on this one!)

© dedicas – Fotolia.com

1. Aleya Bamdad says:

I went from having nothing at all to being a 36E over one summer and it made my confidence worse. At first, I was really excited but then when school started and all the boys started to make jokes, pointed at me and hollered remarks I started to wear oversized shirts to hide my breasts. It wasn’t until my early 20s that I got some confidence and got over the shock of what happened. Now, I have confidence because of who I am and not because of my boob size. As for fake boobs, they don’t bother me at all. I know some girls who got theirs done and they love it- a couple even said that it was the best decision they ever made.
    Now for the fun part, if a guy has a big dick and doesn’t know how to use it to please the woman, who cares. You can have an average sized one and take care of a womens needs just as much if not more than a guy who’s well hung. What I’m trying to say here is that it’s all in the technique.

2. Just like being good looking doesn’t make you a good person, having a big chest doesn’t give you confidence. I too have been blessed in this department but sometimes have wished that I wasn’t. I’ve had quite a few instances where my chest is where men’s eyes go first. Like not acceptable dude. The grass is always greener and all that 😉

3. Chopper Papa
    Twitter: chopperpapa

The Queen and I discuss this topic often. I think that a healthy bust certainly gives most women more confidence especially if there was a time when they didn’t. As far as the male appendage, I can find no evidence that have a large unit gives any man more confidence.

But as for me I am a boob man…it’s part of who I am.

4. William Belle
    Twitter: wqbelle

“It’s not what you’ve got, it’s what you use that makes a difference.”
    Zig Ziglar>/a>

I think having big boobs just makes a woman less aware of other women’s boobs. I’ve always had large breasts and don’t tend to notice other women’s racks. (Well… until recently as natural breasts seem to be the minority around here. And fake boobs seem to be shown off more.)

I have always been noticed by not only men but women, as well. Many of my girlfriends have discussions about my breasts. It’s kind of funny…

More confidence? Eh. I think if you love your body, it doesn’t matter your bra size. Same with men. Confidence goes a long way in the bedroom and otherwise…

Someone once asked me in a tactful way out of necessity whether or not I was well endowed. I told the person that I didn’t know and he asked me, with incredulity, how could I not know. I told him that since I never had an interest in a penis aside from my own, I never felt compelled to look at closely enough at naked men to get a sense of perspective on the issue.

Do #big #breasts give #women #confidence? http://bit.ly/gAGLJk

8. N says:

I agree with the above comment.
    Having blessed by breast god myself, I am indifferent to other women’s rack. I, however, notice tall women. Very petite at 5’2 and always getting comment on how tiny I am, I find myself noticing taller women. Would I be more confident if I were taller? Eh. My brains, sharp wit and compassion makes me confident. And yes, the louboutins, balmain, lanvin heels do to 🙂

9. N says:

Err,,,
    …do too 🙂

This post cracked me up! (I love the comparison to BDS.)

Frankly, I had a rack when it wasn’t cool to have a rack – or rather, not “in fashion.” Sure, men liked it, but clothes never fit properly, and frankly, the stares weren’t always welcome. A source of confidence? Maybe for a mature woman. For a teen or woman in her early 20s?

Not so much.

Confidence comes from many sources. DDs? Not so much, IMO.

11. My whole life, I never had boobs–except for fat boobs when I was very overweight. After I lost all the weight, they were sad empty sacs, and I had a breast lift and aug. I went from a B to a DD. They give me confidence in that I feel more proportional (I was bottom heavy), and I feel like I look better in cute tops (some I could never wear before). As for in the relationship world..? Hard to say, since my divorce is not final, and I only went on 2 dates before I found a wonderful guy.

I can say that I know I looked pretty good, overall, including my perky DDs!

Not so much BDS posting, Kat…what’s that say? Never had any complaints about my johnston’s size and I’m roughly average. Half a foot has worked well for me.

Back to the boobs…I’ve experienced ones so small they were effectively merely large nipples and racks so big that the owner complained bitterly about back-aches and bra straps cutting in. Of course I’m on the side of “it depends” for big boobs.I just don’t care what size they are, as long as they’re attached to a woman. And I’ve milked a few cows in my time: really, four legged critters–jerseys guernseys,and my all time favorite– brown swiss. Udderly incredible.

Dick size, like other dude says…don’t really have an opinion. Some are show-ers some are growers…but that’s really a question for the ladies…or gay brothers, I’d guess, as well. For some recipients of said man-meat I”m going to venture that depending on a lot of factors like lubrication, had babies or not, skill of the BD user, and emotional considerations, could be better–or worse to experience some super-sizing. Cheers!

Aleya Bamdad — I think big boobs on young girls are often more of a burden, at first. They might like the attention, and then they know their power but the confidence comes later.

lifebeginsat30ty — don’t worry; guys’ eyes go to the boobs first big or small!

Chopper Papa — ah, you’re a boob man; guess that means we’re never meant to be …. 😉

William Belle — yes! what you use, and what you use it for.

T — “Confidence goes a long way in the bedroom and otherwise.” Amen, sister! And during marathons, too, right? 😉

Steve — You mean guys don’t all believe they’re well-endowed?

N- Louboutins, like, booze can relax a woman’s anxieties.

BigLittleWolf — I think who’s doing the staring matters. Cute guy? Stare away. Sleazy guy? Perve!

Segway — I’m sure the perky breasts helped. But i bet the fact that you were happy helped more!

TO — “I just don’t care what size they are, as long as they’re attached to a woman.” Yes, because they have other body parts of interest, too …

14. alley` says:

When I was in sixth grade I went from having health breast buds to DDs. Girls stared at me, boys stared at me. I hated it. I did anything I could to hide my body, wearing big clothes and avoiding anything form fitting for a long time.

Now I’m in my late 20s, my boyfriend likes them, but I can’t buy a fitted top that isn’t a size larger that I ought to need, to accomodate the boobs, If a top has a cut that makes it so it should fall under the breast, I can’t buy it because it will not fit properly. Cute tops that on a smaller rack would be sweet, look awful on me because of the cleavage that tries to sneak out.

So, do big breasts make a woman more confident? I don’t think that’s true. They just make her look more overtly like a sexual creature, even if she isn’t wanting to look that way at the moment.

15. BloggyDaddy says:

My ex got her’s done and I think it did wonders for her confidence at first. I didn’t want her to get it done because I liked her the way she was and I think it contributed to our divorce in no small part (no pun intended). After a while though her confidence dropped back down to normal and there was always something else she felt needed to look better, or change about herself. It’s a tough call, boobs are part of what makes a woman a woman so I can understand how they can make a woman feel self-conscious about them.
    I guess if we guys had to walk around with our stuff partly visible in public we’d probably be more concerned about it too. As it stands (again, no pun intended) my stuff suits me just fine and I could care less about the size.

16. A dude says:

Large breasts certainly draw initial attention (thanks for the pic btw Kat ;-)) but then- what? Big doesn’t necessarily look *better* than small. Big breasts look nice in a sweater but can look ridiculous in skimpy clothes, whereas small breasts can look awesome in a tight t-shirt or made to be inconspicuous if you want with baggy clothes. Just like dicks, it’s all about what you do with what you got I say!

17. Edgar says:

A former significant other was never happy with her B-cup breasts, so she got herself some D-cups. Her pecs hurt for 6 months, and then afterwards, her breasts were unnaturally rigid, which made it hard for her to sleep on her stomach. The new ones never did much for me, but they, coupled with the liposuction and facelift, seemed to make her feel better about herself. For a while. Then she was back to being the same old bipolar 5-time divorcee that she was before spending $60K on plastic surgery.

I personally prefer a sleeker physique – someone who can come run with me without beating up her chin.

As for the size of the pecker, I have never met a woman who seemed to care – maybe because they were generally quite pleased with the attention they got to the right spots from various other body parts of mine.

18. Joycelyn says:

Well… i am a b-cup possibly a c if i get sized properly and guess what? size does matter to me and only to me should it matter! if a man cant love me for me then he can leave. as corny as it may sound it’s the God honest truth i have friends who are both 17 and they are a cups they act as though it doesn’t matter but i know it does why should it matter? God give everyone their beast size according to how much their back can carry maybe the reason some women don’t have large breasts is because the don’t have the upper body strength to handle it?

19. Lily says:

Even if my boyfriend put his arm around me and assured me that he loves my “breasts just the way they are,” I would still be upset if he said something like “Wow, I need to spend more time in the land of the cleavage.” That’s extremely disrespectful and just shows what it is he really wants and likes, and it wouldn’t be me.