Shoes? Yeah, there’s a fetish for that

Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 in dating, Happiness, Honesty, love, Relationships, Sex/sexuality

“So, does Sean have any fetishes?” Sara asked me as we sat in her hot tub the other night.

“That’s kind of random, but yeah. He’s a lot like John Cusack in ‘High Fidelity’: things are very orderly, organized by dates and colors and sizes.”

“That’s not really a fetish. I mean, is he weird in any way?”

“Oh, I don’t know about that, girlfriend: I think it’s pretty weird when you consider my organizational ‘system’ is to cram everything into my closet and then shut the door as quickly as I can so nothing falls out.”

“What if wanted to wear what’s in your closet?”

“Never’ll happen: he’d have a heart attack just trying to look in there.”

She sighed. “But, what if he did?

“You mean, what if he was a cross-dresser or something?”

“Exactly. Or he wanted to wear your shoes or sniff them. Or maybe he likes to wear men’s pantyhose. Would that be a deal-breaker?”

“I don’t know, beside the fact that  I’d worry he’d get a run in my L’eggs.   A certain amount of kinky is OK, but it has to be the right kind of kinky, you know? He wants to sniff my armpit? I’m down with that, because I’d love to sniff his right back. Love those pheromones! But I certainly wouldn’t want to be showing up at a party with him in a flowery sundress and some sexy little Jimmy Choo stilettos. Even if he shared them.”

“What if it was in private, though?”

That’s different — maybe. Sure, only he and I would know (plus all his former lovers, I suppose). But you’d still have to be OK with it on a fundamental level. And I’m not so sure I am.

I absolutely am into fantasies, and believe I am open-minded and nonjudgmental. To each his own,
right? You want to bring out the whips and chains, nipple clips and latex? Go right ahead. I’m sure there are many upsides to dating cross-dressers and shoe-sniffers, too (and footwear is the No. 1 fetish object in the world; others include hearing aids, frogs and glue. Hmm …). But I might not want to live with it.

Because you have to accept who a person is, warts and all, even if you don’t entirely embrace all his obsessions and peccadillos. If something is just too weird to be around — frogs? hearing aids? glue? — well, I just don’t know how to get past that.

Do you?

Photo © Glue Stock – Fotolia.com

About the picture. If you are going to wear a dress, shave!! :)

Some fetishes are hot, and some are decidedly not!
    .-= dadshouse´s last blog ..Leisure Time – What’s That? =-.

I would think there’s some fetish somewhere that would turn me off. Thankfully, I haven’t found a man who has been interested in those yet. ;)
    .-= T´s last blog ..Random thoughts on Spring =-.

4. Jenni says:

I was with an ex for over a year, that would occasionally like to get into the idea of some bondage. But that’s about it. Everyone else has been awesome in bed, but nothing too strange.

There are some fetishes I could probably get into.. there are plenty of others that would probably be a deal breaker.
    .-= Jenni´s last blog ..Getting Naked Again =-.

5. Nicole says:

One thing is for sure, I wouldn’t be up for some of “Tiger Woods’recent alleged kink”. Choking, slapping and the “#1″ thing – eww! NOT a turn on for me!

6. amy says:

there are definitely thresholds of weirdness…obviously different for everyone. maybe there’s something about “you tolerate my weirdness and i’ll tolerate yours”?

if you’re interested in a scholarly take on the phenom, my colleague valerie steele has a terrific book entitled FETISH: FASHION, SEX & POWER, where she discourses on corsets, shoes, kinky underwear, and more…
    .-= amy´s last blog ..side by side =-.

7. Aleya Bamdad says:

I think that a lot of men have foot fetishes. Make sure you have a pedi and you’re ok.
    .-= Aleya Bamdad´s last blog ..Bacon Love | A meatlover’s dream | PowderRoomGraffiti =-.

Steve — yes, really! Is this not understood somehow?

Dads — and your hot ones are …?

T — That either speaks highly of you, or him or, probably, both ;-)

Jenni — I thought bondage was mainstream by now, or is that just in my social circles …

Nicole — choking? That was tried once. I felt like I was, uh, choking. Pass. Slapping? Gentle on the butt, OK. Hard? Last one who did that was my mom, when I was 9. I deserved it, probably. No. 1? You mean No. 2 meaning anal?

Amy — and therein, I think, lies the definition of a good relationships — you tolerate my weirdness and I’ll tolerate yours” Weird isn’t always kinky, but we all have weird!

Aleya — If a man ever tried to take my shoes from me, I’d… I’d… I don’t know what I’d do, but I’d be pissed. He can look and touch, but that’s it ;-)

9. VJ says:

I thought you’d want to be the last one on your block to know this: [Via the DailyBeast]: ‘Pedaling’:

And no, I don’t dare do that as a ‘hot’/direct link or else it might disappear for a few weeks or so. And yeah, Fotolia sure has some weird selections, huh? Cheers, ‘VJ’

10. Nicole says:

Kat apparently another text surfaced which talked of Tiger’s lust for choking, slapping ( which to me is more a violent act than erotic; I too can indulge in an occasional “ass smack”). The “#1″ to which I was referring is a “golden shower”. As for the #2 – that’s a whole different ballgame, of which I’ll stay benched!

11. Shoes? Yeah, there’s a fetish for that http://bit.ly/95jW41 #YogaDigg #Yoganomics