Sex is meant to be loud

Rob had to go out of town for a few days so The Kid was hanging around my house a little more than usual.

I love when my kid’s with me, although that also means:

• the house is way messier
  • the fridge gets empty — fast
  • my electric bill shoots up (think: 24/7 PlayStation, MySpace, Facebook …)
  • the only sex I’m having is with my B.O.B.

Too bad I fried my B.O.B. a few weeks ago (that’s a story for another day), and haven’t had a chance to replace it.

So I called Sean.

“Hey, I was thinking. We’ve been together long enough now and Trent’s old enough — why don’t you sleep over tonight?”

“Nope.”

“You’re so ridiculous! Why? I’m horny.”

“I can’t.”

“Of course you can! You have a better offer?”

“Oh, please. I can’t sleep over when Trent’s there, you know that.”

“I know that you don’t. That doesn’t mean I
know why.”

“OK, here’s why: You’re too noisy.”

“Noisy?”

“Kat, I love your moans and cries, but you’re like that British woman; you can’t be quiet to save your life.”

Hmm. I hate it when pleasure becomes a burden. Especially my pleasure.

OK, I am kind of noisy in bed (and, you know, wherever else …). And it’s true, I can’t help it. Nor would I want to stop even if I could; it’s such a turn-on and it adds to my pleasure and excitement.

And guys like it, right? Please find me one man who doesn’t get off when his woman is having a noisy orgasm. And that sound is hot for women, too. Remember that scene with Meg Ryan in “When Harry Met Sally”? We all want to have what she’s having!

Every woman’s mag runs stories on how we should act in bed — moan! scream! talk dirty! Even the Kama Sutra offers up some advice:

“As a major part of moaning, she may use, according to her imagination, the cries of the dove, cuckoo, green pigeon, parrot, bee, nightingale, goose, duck and partridge.”

OK, for the record, if I were a guy and my woman started to go all green pigeon or bee on me in the throes of passion, we might have a problem! None of those sounds quite describe mine, thankfully.

But should I be denying myself pleasure when my kid’s with me when it’s not only natural but I’d be making the same noise whether I was married or not?

Still, I want to respect Sean’s comfort level not to mention whatever embarrassment my vocalizations might cause The Kid or me. I don’t worry about the neighbors. Perhaps I should.

But I do think I’d better let Sean know that he might need to be more attentive to my sexual needs: it seems the noisier females are, the more promiscuous they are, too.

• Gals, are you noisy?
  • Guys, do you like it?
  • Can a woman be too noisy?
  • Gals, do you like your man to be vocal, too?

Photo © Stas Perov – Fotolia.com

Heh.

I love this post. Me too, Kat, me too.

I didn’t even realize I was noisy until my ex-bf made a comment about my neighbors hearing me.

*ahem*

So, yeah, I don’t know how to be quiet. Even a pillow only muffles a little!
    .-= T´s last blog ..An Open Letter to Soldier =-.

2. Jenni says:

I know I’m noisy. But I’ve also mastered “quiet sex” for when kids are in the house too. ..that can be a difficult task in itself.

As for the guy: being vocal is good.. but overdoing it can make it a bit.. much.
    .-= Jenni´s last blog ..Personality? Life Goals? Super Model Look-a-Like? =-.

I think there is NOTHING sexier than a woman crying out during a hot sexual session… I love it when my woman says nasty little things in my ear… or throws her hair back and gives me a verbal, sexual assault while she’s sitting on top of me riding me like there’s no tomorrow or telling me about her favorite fantasy of the day… letting all of those animalistic lustful verbal expressions flow out of her… it’s taken a little time to get her to release those hang ups and to let go but I’ll tell you, it’s been worth the wait!! LOL

Tell Sean that he can always quiet you down a little if he would just put something in your mouth. Suck on his finger… or something else when that time comes for you to “explode” Good for him… good for you… and I’m sure he won’t be turning you down for any “sleep overs” ever again….(smiles)

4. Floral Joy says:

Who wants it all quiet and demure in bed? Sex is supposed to be fun,energizing and sexy at the very least. By the way, I’m a new fan and love your work.

5. Mike says:

Most of the sex my GF and I have is when her son is home so we have to be quiet. The funny thing is she likes when I’m noisy, but it doesn’t happen that often.

New blog posting, Sex is meant to be loud – http://tinyurl.com/yzz28w2

7. payaxo says:

OK, Kat, you ready for the best money maker since Facebook? Orgazmarings. Forget cell phone rings with pop music, how about orgasmic shrieks, moans and screams when that old device get a connection.

And re: B.O.B. (do they make lady love laddles that come with sound (pun gladly itended)–or respond back to your tensisity (made up word needing no explanation?)

Don’t make me ask twice 🙂
    T.O.

Noisey is good. Noise is never a problem, just the location.

I remember an old movie with I believe Ann Margaret
    She would cry out “Bingo!” “Bingo!”

11. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Kat Wilder, david escutia. david escutia said: RT @KatWilder: New blog posting, Sex is meant to be loud – http://tinyurl.com/yzz28w2 […]

T — Oh, so that was you last weekend ….? 😉

Jenni — OK, so when are you going to offer your online class, Jenni’s Art of Quiet Sex For Parents?

KC — Yes, the old “something” in the mouth thing works. Now, you mention your gal’s (former)”hangups.” Do you think more women than not have them (sexually, I mean)?

Floral Joy — thank you! I will check out your blog, too. Sometimes quiet and demure can be fun, like if you’re role-playing. Gotta mix it ll up, right?

Mike — you have a smart girlfriend. Give her what she wants!!!

Observer — That is too funny. If i thought of it first, I’d be wealthy! Can we make an app out of it, too?

Steve — Yes, location, location, location. Maybe that’s what Realtors mean when they say that! LOL

Brian — That’s so funny. Bingo? I’m usually like, OMG, OMG!!! Whatever works.

T — Oh, so that was you last weekend ….? 😉

Mike — you have a smart girlfriend. Give her what she wants!!!

Observer — Orgazmarings? That is too funny. If i thought of it first, I’d be wealthy! Can we make an app out of it, too?

Brian — That’s so funny. Bingo? I’m usually like, OMG, OMG!!! Whatever works.

I think most women have the thought that they are “supposed” to be the demure, quiet, submissive part of the equation…. In my book, NOT SO, I love talking in bed. Sharing thoughts and such… sort of a “things to do list” so to speak! Women have fantasies too.. and I think they should share them.. it makes for a lot of excitement and even bonding…. to know that you can trust your partner with intimate thoughts… and when it VERY erotic…. all the better!

15. Jill W. says:

I’m noisy, but I’ve learned to “keep it under control” when the kids are around.

Also, I LOVE when my guy is noisy, what a huge turn-on. Talking dirty, reciting his “to-do” list for me….